Jewelry Appraisal Services
There are several different kinds of jewelry appraisals which depend on their intended use. The intended use of the appraisal report will determine the appropriate definition of value. The appropriate value needs to be based on the correct most common marketplace.
All appraisals comply with USPAP – Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice of the Appraisal Foundation and the Code of Ethics of NAJA – National Association of Jewelry Appraisers.
- Insurance Coverage – Replacement Value
- Estate Distribution – Fair Market Value
- Donation – Charitable Contribution
- Divorce Settlement – Equitable Distribution
- Purchase Advisory, Internet Purchases, Customs Report
- Collateral or Liquidation
- Damage or Casualty Loss
- Curiosity or Identification
- Graduate Gemologist – 1988 – Gemological Institute of America
- GIA Alumni Association – President of the award winning Manhattan Chapter Since 2001
- 2010 Winner – The International Alumni Achievement Award – GIA Alumni Association
- 2005 Volunteer of the Year – GIA Alumni Association
- 2002 Most Outstanding Chapter Member of the Year – GIA Alumni Association
- Listed with the Jeweler’s Board of Trade
- Senior Member – National Association of Jewelry Appraisers – since 2003
- Member – Association for the Study of Jewelry and Related Arts
- Member – The American Society of Jewelry Historians
- Accredited Senior Gemologists – Accredited Gemologists Association – since 2010
Please Contact me or call 860-927-0179.