There are several different kinds of jewelry appraisals which depend on their intended use. The intended use of the appraisal report will determine the appropriate definition of value. The appropriate value needs to be based on the correct most common marketplace.
All appraisals comply with USPAP – Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice of the Appraisal Foundation and the Code of Ethics of NAJA – National Association of Jewelry Appraisers.
- Insurance Coverage – Retail Replacement Value
- Estate Distribution – Fair Market Value
- Donation – Charitable Contribution
- Divorce Settlement – Equitable Distribution
- Purchase Advisory, Internet Purchases, Customs Report
- Collateral or Liquidation
- Damage or Casualty Loss
- Curiosity or Identification
Please Contact me or call 860-927-0179.